Friendly reminder - still no second photo.
The goal here is to put the heat sink compound in the (hopefully) tiny space between the thermistor and the aluminum dissipator. I used a flat toothpick to push the compound under the thermistor without lifting it away from the aluminum.
The top of the wire mast is very sharp. I covered the end with a few pieces of duct tape to be extra sure that it wouldn’t cut into any wires over time.
My kit for the plus came with two pieces of 1/2” tubing, each 75mm in length. I couldn’t find any info in any of the notes about how long the piece should be, so I used an entire 75mm piece. If I need more later, I can always buy more. I wasn’t sure where to post this and thought this would be as good as anywhere else.
After installing 1.19.2 I needed to rename one of the files. Thanks to Gary for helping me with this in the facebook group, I haven’t seen it in any documentation and no one else has mentioned it.
Stuffing the extra wiring in the center of the extrusions is easier if you remove the rubber feet as you’re doing it. The rubber feet cover part of the opening, so it helps to hold the wiring in place when you put the feet back on.
The spool brackets go between the clips that hold the LEDs in place. When you move the brackets to fit the spool axle, they don’t slide over the clips.
An imperial 5/64” drill bit was the perfect reamer for the hole in the mast mount on a kit for the plus. The wire looks just like coat hanger wire and I wouldn’t be surprised to see it change in the future, so measure the diameter of the wire before you pick a drill bit.
E3D gave me both 30 and 35mm bolts and I ordered my kit shortly before Gary.
This is a good time to check the rectangular holes mentioned in step 8. If the jam nuts don’t fit in the holes, enlarge them now before you connect everything to the effector.
Page 1 of 2
Once they have, you'll be able to view a graph of their reputation gained over time.
Here's a preview of what the graph will look like:
No reputation gained yet.